Volunteer with TechGirlz
Volunteering with TechGirlz can be very rewarding. You’ll be inspiring and empowering the next generation of women to explore the possibilities in technology! Build your marketable skills like public speaking, teaching and tech know-how, and expand your network while teaching fun, hands-on workshops alongside others in the tech industry. There are so many ways to volunteer with TechGirlz and becoming a TechGirlz volunteer is easy – just sign up below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Workshop plans are free, and we provide assistance for free.
Up to you! Volunteer once a year or once week!
- Workshops are 3 hours
- Prep time for TA’s and instructors depends on expertise, but you can expect to spend between 2-4 hours on average.
- One star topics are best for non-programmers
- Over 50 topics, not all are about programming
- Workshops provide outlines and reference material for the instructor
- There are many other ways to volunteer. You can browse some of our other volunteer positions here.
TechGirlz provides free lesson plans.
- Assist the lead instructor at workshops
- Coordinate a workshop in your community
- Create a new lesson plan or update an existing one
- Help at outreach events, for example handing out flyers or talking to parents
- Or, browse all volunteer opportunities.
Workshops typically have 15-20 girls, depending on available space/materials. We recommend an instructor/student ratio of 1 to 5.
We are always looking for new topics to add to our curriculum. Please reach out to learn more.
Sign up for our newsletter, we often have locations seeking instructors.
Absolutely! The more the merrier!
Read Volunteer Stories
Check out some of our volunteers’ experiences with teaching girls technology by reading their TechShop Recaps. Their stories depict how rewarding volunteering with TechGirlz is and why anyone can teach a TechShop in their own community.
Want to share your experience volunteering with TechGirlz? Reach out to email@example.com.