TechGirlz TAB Members and Teen Volunteers were among four hundred U.S. high school students recognized by the National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT) for their technological achievements with the 2022 NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing (AiC).
Each year, U.S. high school students in grades 9 through 12 who are women, genderqueer, or non-binary are eligible to receive recognition for their aptitude and aspirations in technology and computing, as demonstrated by their computing experience, computing-related activities, leadership experience, tenacity in the face of barriers to access, and plans for post-secondary education. This year, 40 winners and 360 honorable mentions were selected from more than 3,500 amazing, talented young applicants.
Among this year’s National winners were TAB members:
Pracheeti Shikarkhane – One of 40 National Winners!
and Alysia Davis – Honorable Mention and Quinn Burns – Honorable Mention
In addition, several TAB members and TechGirlz Teen Volunteers received state awards.
- Anushka Levaku – Greater Philadelphia area Aspirations in Computing Winner
- Audrey Chen – North Jersey Rising Star Affiliate winner
- Catherine Li – Greater Houston area affiliate Aspirations in Computing winner
- Eesha Santosh – Northern Illinois affiliate Aspirations in Computing winner
- Elise Buzzell – Minnesota Aspirations in Computing State Winner
- Maanya Chugh – New Jersey Aspirations in Computing State Winner
- Manya Bhagat – Raleigh Durham Area Aspirations in Computing State Winner
- Navya Alva – Raleigh Durham Area Aspirations in Computing State Winner
- Trisha Srikanth – New Jersey Aspirations in Computing State Winner
- Srija Tami – Louisiana Aspirations in Computing State Winner
- Aneeta Thokkadam – New Jersey Aspirations in Computing State Winner
- Sindhu Sivasankar – National honorable mention and Delaware State Aspirations in Computing State Winner
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF THE WINNERS!!