TechGirlz TAB Members and Teen Volunteers were among four hundred U.S. high school students recognized by the National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT) for their technological achievements with the 2022 NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing (AiC).
Each year, U.S. high school students in grades 9 through 12 who are women, genderqueer, or non-binary are eligible to receive recognition for their aptitude and aspirations in technology and computing, as demonstrated by their computing experience, computing-related activities, leadership experience, tenacity in the face of barriers to access, and plans for post-secondary education. This year, 40 winners and 360 honorable mentions were selected from more than 3,500 amazing, talented young applicants.
Among this year’s National winners were TAB members:
Pracheeti Shikarkhane – One of 40 National Winners!
and Alysia Davis – Honorable Mention and Quinn Burns – Honorable Mention
In addition, several TAB members and TechGirlz Teen Volunteers received state awards.
- Anushka Levaku – Greater Philadelphia area Aspirations in Computing Winner
- Audrey Chen – North Jersey Rising Star Affiliate winner
- Catherine Li – Greater Houston area affiliate Aspirations in Computing winner
- Eesha Santosh – Northern Illinois affiliate Aspirations in Computing winner
- Elise Buzzell – Minnesota Aspirations in Computing State Winner
- Maanya Chugh – New Jersey Aspirations in Computing State Winner
- Manya Bhagat – Raleigh Durham Area Aspirations in Computing State Winner
- Navya Alva – Raleigh Durham Area Aspirations in Computing State Winner
- Trisha Srikanth – New Jersey Aspirations in Computing State Winner
- Srija Tami – Louisiana Aspirations in Computing State Winner
- Aneeta Thokkadam – New Jersey Aspirations in Computing State Winner
- Sindhu Sivasankar – National honorable mention and Delaware State Aspirations in Computing State Winner
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF THE WINNERS!!
Read more about the 2022 NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing and all the amazing recipients.