In response to increasing concerns around COVID-19, and based on national and local public health authority recommendations, TechGirlz has postponed all in-person TechShopz for the immediate future. To ensure that our TechGirlz still have the opportunity to learn about tech, we have rolled out new programs for Virtual Workshops and Instructional Webinars. New virtual offerings are being added to our schedule on a regular basis.
We are receiving a lot of inquiries from parents, organizations, schools, and companies on ways they can help keep their TechGirlz engaged with learning about tech, so we have compiled a list of ways YOU can help.
- Volunteer – whether it is now, while we are running virtual TechShopz, or after social distancing is over, we are always looking for volunteers to lead TechShopz, be a teaching assistant, or various other volunteer opportunities. Get started here.
- Sponsor – TechGirlz is committed to keeping as many of our programs free as possible. To do that, we rely on the support of sponsors and donors. Sponsorship opportunities are available from $500 to $5000. More information on sponsoring Virtual Workshops and Instructional Webinars can be found here. These sponsorship opportunities will also be available for in-person TechShopz once social distancing has concluded.
- Donate – You can make a direct donation here.
- Run your own TechShop for your TechGirl at home – Our TechShopz in a Box curriculum is available for free download (but donations are always accepted!) on the TechGirlz website. Download the curriculum and work with your TechGirl to have your own in-home TechShop. Better yet, virtually invite some of your TechGirl’s friends to do the TechShop “together”. Be sure to share the fun comments or photos with us on social media using the hashtag #techgirlzathome
- Start planning for the summer! TechGirlz has lesson plans for both in-person and virtual TechCampz available for download. You can use one of our prebuilt TechCampz in a Box programs or, for a small fee, work with the TechGirlz staff to create your own custom TechCamp plan that includes a daily itinerary, advertising, and swag!
However you choose to help the TechGirl in your home or in others’, we appreciate your interest and support.
Want to learn more about how you can work with TechGirlz now and in the future. Contact us!