Build your own camp by combining any of the suggested theme-based workshop topics below. We recommend picking at least one topic per day, which will give you some time to really dive into the topic. Our workshop plans are written to be three hours long, but can be expanded to give girls more time to explore and use their creativity. Each day should also start with a fun icebreaker activity to encourage camp community.
Cartography camp introduces girls to the world of cartography using real world data. Topics include creating custom maps, crowd sourcing mapping projects, creating custom story maps to analyze environmental data.
- Create Your Own Map Using Open Data and CARTO
- Mapping for Humanity: Using Digital Mapping to Better the World
- Investigate Water Pollution Sources using ArcGIS Online
- A Day in the Life of a Web Designer
- Make a Website Using HTML/CSS
- How to give a presentation
- Facility Tour
- Guest Speaker
In order to view and download these lesson plans, you must register or log in as a user below.