How to obtain Illinois-Mandated Background Clearance Certifications
In order to volunteer with TechGirlz in Illinois, you’ll need to complete background screening. What you should know before applying for background screening:
- This is standard background screening for any volunteer activity regarding minors.
- You login directly into the screening website yourself and input your information. All of your data remains private to you.
- Only TechGirlz approved personnel has access to the reports to make sure all of our volunteers are cleared before they attend a program. The report only shows previous addresses and an overall “No Record” status. Your Social Security Number is not displayed on the report.
- The search includes:
- a. SS# Verification & Address History Trace
- b. National Criminal Database Search (with Re-Verification of positive records)
- c. National Sex Offender Registry Search (AKA National Search)
- d. (1) County Court Search (last county from SS# address trace)
- Volunteers will pay a $20 fee for this service.