TechGirlz is growing and hiring! Join the TechGirlz staff to inspire girls to explore the possibilities of technology to empower their future careers. Take a look at the opportunities below and follow the instructions to apply.
Full Time Available in Chicago, IL: Outreach CoordinatorOrganization Overview:
TechGirlz is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that inspires middle school girls to explore the possibilities of technology to empower their future careers. We hold TechShopz (workshops) aimed at giving middle-school girls hands-on experience with different kinds of technology and enable them to interact with women who are pursuing careers in technology fields.
Our TechShopz in a BoxTM program allows companies, schools, groups, and individuals to be powered by TechGirlz methodology, operations and materials. This program is an open source library of free workshop plans available to anyone who wants to lead a workshop for kids in their area, at their school, or in their company. Even though we are Philadelphia based, this program is available globally.Position Summary:
The Outreach Coordinator is primarily responsible for building strategic relationships with organizations in the Chicago region that share our mission. This person will work with organizations to introduce our program materials, assist in planning/marketing workshops and events as needed, and maintaining the relationship to build outreach efforts and reach more middle school girls.Position Reports to:
National Outreach ManagerResponsibilities/Activities:
- Helping execute outreach goals, objectives, and annual plan
- Working with outreach team members (volunteers) and activities: Running regular meetings with volunteers, assist in recruiting volunteer members. Outreach Team member activities may include, but are not limited to: Creating messaging with a specific request, Making contact and following up, Presenting message to organizations when requested, Keeping in mind focus is on personal contacts as well as assigned groups.
- Helping to Identify/develop best target list within specific categories. Assist in developing messaging and target goals for each group. Work with Outreach Manager as needed to understand/review messaging for corporations/tech businesses, organizations/associations, colleges/universities, middle school teachers, technology groups
- Developing contact lists in database, keeping database up to date, communicating/following up with contacts as necessary
- Maintaining relationships with collaborative partners, identify and cultivate new partners as directed
Chicago, IL. Attending occasional staff meetings in Philadelphia, PA. Attending relevant targeted events in the Chicago area.Experience and Requirements:
Bachelor degree required. 1 to 2 years work experience in sales, community outreach, and/or the education industry preferred. Strong organizational skills, communication, public speaking and computer skills are a must. Must have a positive, energetic attitude while showing initiative, fortitude and perseverance with leads and referral sources. Must be a team player and be flexible with scheduling. As a condition of employment, candidate must provide 3 business references and background screening certification that complies with Illinois’s Child Protection laws.Salary:
Flexible 40 hour work week, 21 paid time off days (including 7 national holidays).TechGirlz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.